- March, 31 2018 – It has just been announced, that Uri`s “Triptych” for Piano Trio is nominated for the final concert of the Keuris Composers Contest on the May 12 to be performed by the members of the Keuris Ensemble in Amsterdam among other 5 works chosen in 5 rounds out of 97 works from 35 countries. Nice!
– In addition, Uri`s THE PRINCE AND THE MAGIC STONE is nominated to be published by the Edition MatchingArts (Holland).
- February 2018 – Uri`s Chaconne alla Zappa recorded by The Minkin-Shemer Duo is out on Naxos Direct now – congrads to Marina Minkin and David Shemer!
- January, 18 2018 – Uri will be joining the performance of the Carlo Menotti`s opera “Medium” as an accompanying pianist at the Opera Exam Festival Budapest which will take place at the Ferenz Liszt Academy of Music, Budapest, Hungary.
- January 2018 – Uri`s Wind Quintet was chosen to be performed by the Tel-Aviv Wind Quintet (in cooperation of with the ICL)
- January 2018 – Uri`s Hommage to Schubert was chosen to be performed by the Rishonim String Quartet (in cooperation of with the ICL) as a part of Israeli Schubertiada.
- December 2017 – Uri`s Jazz Sebastian Bach is now available for purchase at last! It has been published by the Harmonia Books & Music in London and is to be obtained via the website HERE.
- October 2017 – Uri`s AUKA was chosen to be performed by the Israeli Chamber Project (in cooperation of with the ICL)
- October 2017 – A promotional short film about Uri Brener has been released for the occasion of him being awarded Prime-Minister Composers` Award 2017 – for the second time. You can watch it HERE.
- September 2017 – Uri was appointed a director of the Ron Shulamit Conservatory of Jerusalem – the oldest one in Israel.
- September 2017 – It was just announced that Uri won a prestigious
Prime-Minister Composers` Award 2017 – for the second time.
The receipt ceremony will be held on September 25, at the
Fine Arts Center Hall “Alma” in Zichron Yakov, as a part of Israeli Music Festival.
- September 12, 2017 – Another review on the same performance of Uri`s
“Clazzic Suite” by the Clazzic Ensemble at the Montfort Jazzclub in Langenargen Castle, Germany – by the Schwäbische.de
- September 8, 2017 – Nice review on another successful performance of Uri`s Second Jazz Suite for flute (“The Clazzic Suite”) by the Clazzic Ensemble at the Montfort Jazzclub in Langenargen Castle, Germany – by the
- June 12, 2017 – It was just announced that Uri`s Four Homages for string quartet was chosen together with nine other quartets to be performed in “Arsenal” Hall of Nizhny Novgorod (branch of National Center of Contemporary Arts) by the Cantando string quartet.
- April 06, 2017 7:00 pm, Auka and Riddles – broadcast by the National Classical Music channel Kol Hamusika
- April 04, 2017 8:35 am, Uri`s Poem and Vocalise for cello and piano – broadcast by the National Classical Music channel Kol Hamusika
- March 23, 2017 – Uri`s Chacone alla Zappa for 2 harpsichords is out on the CD now and is performed at its presentation by Marina Minkin and David Shemer as a part of the Bach festival Jerusalem 2017 at Mishkenot Shaananim (1:30 pm).
For CD purchase please go HERE
- March 15, 2017 – Uri`s arrangement of the Come Together by Beatles and Stairway to Heaven by Led Zeppelin performed live by the Sirenot ensemble at the BYU Jerusalem Center
- March 08, 2017 – Jazz Sebastian Bach suite – broadcast by the National Classical Music channel Kol Hamusika
- January 2017 – Vocalise for cello and piano is out on a CD Around the World with Love on Roven Records with Kristina Reiko Cooper, cello and Or Matias, piano. The CD is featured on El Al flight company`s entertainment system
- December 12, 2016 Premiere of a musical `Budapest Boats` by Roi Cohen arranged and orchestrated by Uri Brener at the Musical Festival Bat-Yam 2016
- November 26, 2016 – Czech premiere of Uri`s Double Concerto for Violin, Cello and Orchestra at the Janáček Music Academy of Brno with the Mocheles Chamber orchestra under Barak Tal and Vienna Philharmony soloist Tomas Vyklat (violin) and Jan Zlamal on cello.
- November 15, 2016 – Ukrainian premiere of Lamento for string orchestra at the Lviv Philharmony with Collegium Musicum Orchestra conducted by Sergey Ostrovsky
- November 08, 2016 – Uri`s Metamorphosis – broadcast by the National Classical Music channel Kol Hamusika
- November 02, 2016 – solo recital with Uri`s piano works at the world famous STATE TRETYAKOV GALLERY in Moscow next to Shagal\Malevich Hall at the exhibition opening of Russian-French-Israeli artist Alexander Aisenstat
- October 06, 2016 – Uri`s Concerto for violin and orchestra– broadcast by the National Classical Music channel Kol Hamusika
- June 21, 2016 – Uri`s Poem and Vocalise for cello and piano – broadcast by the National Classical Music channel Kol Hamusika
- June 2, 2016 – World premiere of Uri`s piece Deceptions for Trumpet and Piano at the ITG conference, Anaheim, CA by Mr. Robert Frear (director of Brass Studies and Associate Professor of Music at the California State University)
- May 29, 2016 – A children play Symphony Soup with Uri`s music (stage director – Hanoch Reim) premiered at the Israel Festival 2016 in the Rebecca Crown Hall of the Jerusalem Sherover Theater
- May 16, 2016 – A children play Symphony Soup with Uri`s music (stage director – Hanoch Reim) premiered at the Akko City Hall
- April 07, 2016 – Uri performed a wonderfully received solo piano recital at the Bocconi University of Milano concert series, performing pieces by Frescobaldy, Raimon de Llull, Shostakovich, Bartok and his own compositions, intertwining them with free improvisation.
- March 29, 2016 – Homage to Schubert performed at theTel-Aviv Art Museum by the renown AVIV string quartet
- February 17-18, 2016 – a laudatory critic article on the Uri`s Violin Concerto in HAARETZ
- February 17-18, 2016 – World premiere of the Violin Concerto (commission by the Israeli Ministry of Culture) with Sergey Ostrovsky as a soloist and the Israeli Chamber Orchestra under maestro Ariel Zuckermann
- January 13, 2016 – a nice interview with Uri for the JSO blog, as a preview to the premiere of his Symphonic Chronicles
- January 13, 2016 – Symphonic Chronicles, the world premiere with the
Jerusalem Symphony Orchestra under maestro Frédéric Chaslin
- December 2015 – Renown Tel Aviv Soloists orchestra gets the best israeli composition performance Prize of Eden Partosh for the performance of Uri`s Chamber Symphony
- December 02 and 09, 2015 – Serbian premiere of Uri`s Poem for cello and piano in Zrenjanin and in Subotica respectively; Dina Suklar Wiesike – cello and Christoph M.W. Jahn – piano
- September 27, 2015 – The complete CD A Walk broadcast by the National Classical Music channel Kol Hamusika
- August 17, 2015 – Uri`s Phantasm-Cadenza broadcast by the National Classical Music channel Kol Hamusika
- August 03, 2015 – Uri`s Perelandra Tale solo piano version from CD A Walk
– broadcast by the National Classical Music channel Kol Hamusika
- July 17, 2015 – Uri`s arrangement for Come Together by Beatles performed live by the Sirenot ensemble in Tel-Aviv
- July 16, 2015 –
Air for flute and piano,
Poem for cello and piano,
The Prophet for symphony orchestra –
broadcast by the National Classical Music channel Kol Hamusika
- July 03, 2015 – Lithuanian premiere of Uri`s Auka at the The Land of Disobedient International Festival, Nida, Lithuania
- July 03, 2015 – A great review in the US The Flutist quarterly journal on the Chance Encounters CD and on Uri`s Jazz Sebastian Bach suite
- June 10, 2015 – Jazz Sebastian Bach suite – broadcast by the National Classical Music channel Kol Hamusika
- June 09, 2015 – Air for flute and piano – broadcast by the National Classical Music channel Kol Hamusika
- June 07, 2015 – Air for flute and piano and Phantasm-Cadenza – broadcast by the National Classical Music channel Kol Hamusika
- June 2015 – Uri`s Musical Fairy Tale The Prince of the Soup and the Magic Stone (2015) for small symphony orchestra, based on the text by Ester Ettinger, won two rounds of the Call for scores initiated by the Pais National Lottery company to be granted a multiple performances with the Israeli Sinfonietta, and premiered at the Israel Festival 2016. More information will follow.
- June 02, 2015 – Vocalise and Poem for cello and piano –
broadcast by the National Classical Music channel Kol Hamusika
- April 09, 2015 – US premiere of Chaconne alla Zappa for two harpsichords by the Minkin-Shemer duo at the Wolfinsohn Recital Room, Longy School of Music at Bard College, Cambridge, Boston.
- March 15, 17, 21, 27 2015 – World premiere of In search of the Chaconne by the Phoenix ensemble in Jerusalem, Tel-Aviv, Rehovot and Haifa.
For info click HERE
- March 01, 2015 – Israeli premiere of the Epilogue for violin solo at the Felicia Blumenthal Music Center, Tel-Aviv, by Tomas Tulacek.
- March 01, 2015 Vocalise for cello and piano – broadcast by the National Classical Music channel Kol Hamusika
- February 15, 2015 – World premiere of the Epilogue for violin solo at the Dvořák museum, Prague, by Tomas Tulacek.
- February 15, 2015 – second performance of the Vocalise for horn and piano at the Israeli Horn Day with Alon Reuven and Anna Keiserman.
- January 15, 2015 – Israeli premiere of the Vocalise for horn and piano at the Israeli Conservatoire, Tel-Aviv, with Alon Reuven and Tal Samnon
- It was just announced that Uri`s Chamber Symphony got the prestigious
ACUM award – for the third time (first two were given in 2008 and in 2010)!
- Diary – a new CD with Uri`s music is out now!
- December 2014 – Nice review on the CD Chance Encounters with Noam Buchman and Uri`s Tabula Rasa Jazz Trio was published in the restigious PAN, The Journal of the British Flute Society
- In Search of a Chaconne – Uri`s newly written piece commissioned by the Phoenix ensemble is scheduled be performed in the 2015. More info later…
- November 21, 2014 – First live performance of Uri`s piece for cello and live-electronics Equinox with Kristina Reiko Cooper at HaTeiva Studio in Jaffa
- November 20, 2014 – A world premiere of Uri`s piece Exodos for violin, clarinet, horn and piano will take place in Zagreb at the Croatian Composers Society
- October 19, 2014 Uri`s Ciaconne alla Zappa for two harpsichords was recorded by Dr. Marina Minkin and Dr. David Shemer for a CD to be released during the 2015.
- September 19, 20, 21, 2014 Uri`s City of Mystics at the Season opening of the Lancaster Symphony under Maestro Stephen Gunzenhauser
Lancaster, Pennsylvania, USA
- September 7 Broadcast of Uri`s Piano trio performed by the Ensemble Blumina by the German classic radion channel Deutschlandradio Kultur
- September 3 German premiere of Uri`s Piano trio version for oboe, bassoon and piano, commissioned and performed by the Ensemble Blumina at the opening concert of the 5 Russisches Kammermusikfest Hamburg
- July 27 Uri`s arrangement of the “Come Together” by Beatles performed by the Sirenot Ensemble at the Kfar Blum Festival 2014, Israel
- July 8, 9 Uri`s arrangement of the Carl Orff`s “Carmina Burana” for a small symphony orchestra performed by the Israeli Chamber Orchestra under Yoav Talmi at the Tel-Aviv Art Museum.
- June 19 – An interview \ article in Haaretz about the BMO Concert Prize
- June 18 It was just announced that the Operatorio “Shunamit” was awarded a Boston Metro Opera Concert Award at the Contempo Festival Composers`
International Competition 2014, and is scheduled to be performed in a full concert performance Boston Metro Opera`s regular season.
- June 16 Jazz Sebastjan Bach suite performed at the Tivoli open scene, Copenhagen, Danemark
- June 13 Uri`s arrangement of the Pearl Chertok`s Harpicide at midnight from “Around the Clock Suite” for harp & piano performed by Noa Gabay (harp) and Yuval Chen (piano) at the Israeli Conservatoire Ron Baron Hall (Tel-Aviv)
- June 12 Uri`s arrangement of the Pearl Chertok`s “Harpicide at midnight” from “Around the Clock Suite” for harp & piano performed by Noa Gabay (harp) and Dr. Orit Wolf (piano) at the Tel-Aviv Art Museum
- May 25 Form and Light from Form, Color and Light – broadcast by the National Classical Music channel Kol Hamusika
- Tartini-Kreisler, Sonata in G major (“Devil`s Trill”) – Uri`s transcription for a solo violin and a string orchestra performed by Sergey Ostrovsky w Israeli Chamber Osrchestra (Kfar Saba Auditorium, Israel 29/04/14; Israeli Chamber Orchestra under Yoav Talmi at the Tel-Aviv Art Museum 30/04/14 – 01/05/14)
- Feb. 15 Vocalise (version for cello and piano) Internationally acclaimed NY Cellist Kristina Reiko Cooper performed Uri`s piece together with the Israeli pianist Or Matias, at the NORWICH The Chenango Arts Council, (“Love Songs from Around the World” series).
- Uri wins second prize at the Liberson Competition 2013 for his string quartet “Four Homages”
- Chamber Symphony (December 12, 2013) – World premiere by the Tel-Aviv soloists ensemble at the Einav Centre Concert Hall, Tel-Aviv. Conductor – Barak Tal
- Symphonic Chronicles (December 12, 2013) broadcast by the National Classical Music channel Kol Hamusika
- Fantasia for cello (November 03, 2013; October 13, 2013) broadcast by the National Classical Music channel Kol Hamusika
- Perelandra Tale for Clarinet, Violin and Piano (October 06, 2013 ) Studio De Agostini , Geneve, Switzerland Sergey Ostrovsky (violin), Elisaveta Blumina (piano) and Dmitry Rasul-Kareyev (clarinet)
- “Simple Voices” project in cooperation with Uri Revah (September 9, 2013) at the “Piut Festival” in Jerusalem, featuring Uri Brener`s arrangements to the traditional Jewish liturgical chants from North Africa and Spain.
- Jazz Sebastjan Bach (August 6, 2013) Tioga County Courthouse, Wellsboro, PA , USA Performance at the “Endless Mountains Festival” featuring Barry Dove, percussion, Chris Finet, double bass, Elizabeth Landon, flute, and Bram Wijnands, piano.
- City of Mystics (July 28, 2013) Corning Museum of Glass Auditorium, Corning, USA Performance at the “Endless Mountains Festival“
- Clazzic Suite, “With the Duke” (from Jazz Sebastjan Bach) (May 09, 2013) Antikenversammlungen Munich Performance by the Ensemble Clazzic
- Clazzic Suite (world premiere) (January 28 2013) Munchen Versicherungskammer Bayern, “Musica Da Camera” series Performance by the Ensemble Clazzic
- Double Concerto for Violin, Cello and Orchestra (April 01, 2013) Performance with internationally acclaimed violinist Evgenia Epstein and cellist Mihovil Karuza with Zadar Chamber Orchestra under Pavle Despali.
- Double Concerto for Violin, Cello and Orchestra (17,19,20 March 2012) – Beer-Sheva City Hall Asi Mattatias (NY)-violin, Sofia Falkovic (cello), Conductor: Stephen Gunzenhauser (US) , Israeli Sinfonietta Beer-Sheba
- Jazz Sebastjan Bach project performed live at the Alon Shvut Music Center (17/03/12,”Classics in the Gush” series) “Diuna” Hall, Ashdod, Israel (18/10/12), Open University of Raanana, Israel (20/02/12) and “Beit Gavriel” Hall (26/02/12, Tveria, Israel); with Tabula Rasa Jazz Trio and Noam Buchman
- December 6, 2011 Duo Antur with Anton Dressler live music to the “Battleship Potemkin” silent movie by Sergei Eisenstein (1925)
- December 4, 2011 – Renaissance Show project live at the “Nessiah” Music Festival Pisa, Italy
- November 11, 2011 – “Jazz Sebastjan Bach” project performed live at the Henry Crown Hall, Jerusalem and broadcasted live by the National Classical Music channel Kol Hamusika with Tabula Rasa Jazz Trio, Martina Silvester (Germany) and Noam Buchman.
- ACUM Award for the Faust Concerto for viola and symphonic orchestra
- December 2010 – Renaissance Show project live at the Operaen Jazz Club and at the Russian Cultural Center, Copenhagen, Danemark
- September 27, 2010 Brener Vs. Tennenbaum… Uri and drummer Issar Tennenbaum “clash” in this version of Uri’s piece. More details HERE.
- October 21, 2010 – Renaissance Show project live at the Khan Theater, Jerusalem, Israel.
- August 26, 2010 – solo recital at the Silenzio Music Festival (Montefiore, Italy)
- April 22, 2010 Concert of the “Antur Duo” with Anton Dressler at the Italian Cultural Institute, NY, USA (“Divinamento New York” festival)
- March 27, 2010 Concert of the “Antur Duo” with Anton Dressler at the Capitolini Museum, Rome, Italy (“Divinamento Roma” festival)
- Dialogue IV (Fenruary 1, 2010) Award winning Canadian cellist Rachel Mercer has just released her version of Uri’s composition, “Dialogue IV“, as part of the “Allergy To Consciousness” singles series. You can listen to it HERE.
- January 16, 18 2010 – World premier of the Phantasm Cadenza with Yaron Prensky (violin), Sofia Falkovich (cello) Sinfonietta Beer-Sheva (conductor – Eyal Ein Habar) at the City Concert Hall of Beer-Sheba
- PhD cum laude in composition from the Bar-Ilan University, Ramat-Gan, Israel
- Uri on Facebook (August 11, 2009) Visit Uri’s new artist page HERE for more music, updates etc.
- April 28, 2009 – Concert of the “New Troubadour Duo” with Arkady Shilkloper at the International Nomus Festival, Novy Sad, Serbia. Live Broadcast by the Serbian radio and TV. A track from the concert included in the 30 years commemoration CD of the Festival.
- ACUM Award in the category “Best classical composition of the year” for the Second Piano Concerto Blares, Clouds, Celebrations
- January 10, 2008 Presentation of the solo album “A Walk” Merkaz Einav, Tel-Aviv
- Piece in Romantic Style (“Poem”) 28.02.2008 University of Guelph School of Fine Arts and Music, Toronto, Canada ; Noon Concert Series, McKinnon Room, Goldshmidt Room; Rachel Mercer (Cello), Marianna Humetska (piano)
- “New Troubadour Duo” with Arkady Shilkloper at the International Kanija Jazz Festival, Croatia (September 09, 2008)
- String Quartet No.1 – 08.03.08 “The Arts & Letters Club” , Toronto, Canada; 10.03.08 KWCMS Music Room Waterloo, Waterloo, Canada; 09.03.08 Chamber Music Society Hamilton, Canada; “Aviv” quartet
- Stravinsky Smiles – 01.03.08 Rappoport Auditorium, Haifa; 02.03.08 Rekanati Hall, Tel -Aviv Art Museum; 04.03.08, Marcus Rosenberg Auditorium, Bar –Ilan University, Ramat-Gan, Israel; “Tel-Aviv Soloists” orchestra
- Dialogues– 03.04.08 The Haifa Chamber Music Society, The Hecht House; Epstein/Mercer duo
- Variations on a Theme by Paganini (by Alexander Rosenblatt; violin obligato part by Uri Brener) – 20.05.08 “A Music Fair” – Tribute to David Ostrakh; Assia Gallery, Tel-Aviv Art Museum; Evgenia Epstein (violin), Uri Brener (piano)
- Jazz Sebastjan Bach –- 29.07.08 World premiere Kfar Blum Festival 2008; Noam Buchman (flute) & “Tabula Rasa” Jazz Trio
- Transition, Perelandra Tale, Invocation – 11.09.2008. Art House Magyarkanizsa JAZZ festival, K a n j i ž a, Serbia; Arkady Shilkloper (horn), Uri Brener (piano)
- Dialogues a7 – 24.09.08 “The Israeli Music Celebration” Jerusalem Theatre; “Spectrum” ensemble
- 11 o`clock – Feb. 2008 (between 5 and 6 pm)– NY Public Radio WNYC broadcast
- String Quartet No.1 23.11.08 “Palladium” Malmo, Sweden; 29.11.08 – Grünewaldsalen Stockholm, Sweden; “Aviv” Quartet
- The Night at the Cinema for string quartet and trombone (World Premiere) – 25.11.08 Music Academy Malmo – “Aviv” Quartet & Elias Faingersh (trombone)
- Concertino for clarinet and string orchestra 18.12.08 Concerto di Channukà, Pontedera Teatro Era Orchestra Nuova Cameristica, conductor Andrea Gottfried, Anton Dressler, clarinet
- The Night at the Cinema – 24.12.2008 “Zlilei Hamidbar” festival, Kibbutz Sde Boker; Sinfonietta Beer-Sheva ( conductor -Doron Salomon) & Elias Faingersh (trombone).
- Metamorphosis – 25.12.2008 “Aviv” Competition / Mishkenot Shaananim;
31.12.2008 “Aviv” Competition (last tour) / T-A. Museum; Jonatan Hadas (“Meitar” ensemble)
- Perelandra Tale – 13.02 2007 JCC Manhattan, “A New Wave “ series, Ensemble “Continuum“, New York, USA.
- Riddles – 21.03.2007 “Musica Insieme contemporanea” series, Aula Absidale di Santa Lucia, Bologna, Italy; Anton Dressler (clarinet), Giusseppie Andaloro (piano)
- Triptych – 06.07.2007 – the piece for piano trio performed by the New Julliard Ensemble at the The New York Museum of Modern Art (MOMA), The Abby Aldrich Rockefeller Sculpture Garden; “The Summergarden series”, (see New York Times review)
- Blares, Clouds, Celebrations – 27.10.07 / 29.10.07 World premiere with Uri Brener as a soloist with Israel Sinfonietta, Beer-Sheba with Doron Salomon (Beer-Sheva Municipal Concervatory)
- Concerts in Riga, Latvia with Elias Faingersh (trombone), Brian Azawa (contra-tenor) and Arkady Gotesman (drums) at the “Farinelli Fest” and at the “Sunny Terrace” jazz-club.
- Prime Minister`s Award for Composers
- String Quartet No.1 November 11, 2006 World Premiere at the Biennale Tel-Aviv; December 12, 2006 Auditorium Maximum, Zürich, Switzerland; by the “Aviv” Quartet
- CD “Harpsichord Music by Israeli Composers” including Uri`s 7-11, and Much Later… released by the Albany Records label
- Performances and broadcasts with Sergey Ostrovsky and “Tabula Rasa” ensemble at the Jazz Globe Festival in Jerusalem
- Performances, masterclasses and broadcasts with “Tabula Rasa” and Arkady Shilkloper at the Jazz Globe Festival in Jerusalem, at the Music Academy of Jerusalem and at the Tivon Music Centre, Israel.
- October 07, 2005 “Tabula Rasa” live at the Yad Lebanim Hall, Ashkelon, Israel with a project “Bridges”
- May 07, 2005 “Tabula Rasa” live at the Tel-Aviv Art Museum with a project “Bridges”
- February 02, 2005 “Tabula Rasa” live at the Confederation House, Jerusalem with a project “Bridges”